Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Life must go on

TSW can be incapacitating. For weeks I left the children on their own. I couldn't monitor their work, read or play with them. TSW depletes my energy completely. I feel like I am recovering from a major operation. I feel so ill.... 

However I refuse to succumb to this TSW beast. With whatever little energy I have , I ensure that life is as usual (especially for the children). Mummy can still bake and cook.... Mummy is still there no matter what.  I am glad over the last one and a half months of horrendous withdrawal, I could still whip out the following for them:  

OREO CHEESECAKE:
I like this combination. Yummy and ice-creamy

CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE WITH PECAN TOPPINGS:
Mum likes the nuts

CHANTAL CHEESECAKE:
Asher's all time favourite 

 STRAWBERRY DENSE CAKE: 
Great if you have excess frozen strawberries 

ALMOND CAKE: 
Kinda sweet. 
Should be quite similar to the Galician almond tart (Tarta de Santiago) 
 

NUTS BREAD:
Nutty

ITALIAN POTATO FLAT BREAD: 
Love this! So yummy with balsamic vinegar and olive oil  

SOFT BUNS (HOT DOGS AND LUNCHEON MEAT):
All kids love these (so glad!) Took me a morning to prepare (with all the proofing). 
But worth it!

SEAFOOD FILLING

 HOMEMADE NOODLES:
No preservatives. How much better can it get?  

HOMEMADE BAN MIAN:
All my kids love this. 
Ashley likes the noodles (How glad! It is so hard to get her to eat anything)

FRIED DOU MIAO:
I think it is DTF's standard

FRIED KAI LAN

AGLIO OLIO STYLE SPAGHETTI 

SPAGHETTI SAUCE

AGLIO OLIO STYLE SPAGHETTI 

MOROCCAN VEGETABLES 

TURMERIC SOUP WITH CHORIZOS

CHICKEN WITH APPLE CIDER AND APPLES

STIR FRIED MUSHROOMS

 PRAWN AND PORK NUGGETS

 BEEF IN BEER KUAY TEOW (THIS IS SUPERB!)


 CARBONARA 

 SIMPLE FISHBALL WITH VEGE SOUP

 BAKED POTATOES AND RADISH WITH SAUSAGES



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, where can I get the recipes?! That looks so good. All of it. Especially the Oreo cheescake...