Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Letter to my students

Dear students, 
Thank you so much for your understanding as I battle with this TSW beast in me. You have been so sweet and understanding. On the very next day after seeing my condition (burnt and swelled neck), notes of encouragement poured in and quite a few of you even bought moisturiser for me. These are expensive things for school-going children but you coughed out your pocket money to find relief for me. I am truly touched by your love. A few of you acted as "policemen" and "policewomen" in class and stopped me from scratching. You watched me and exclaimed: "Don't scratch!" I am rather amused. You are so cute. 




I am glad you saw strength in me as I am trying to overcome this addiction to steroids. I want you to know that it is God who is enabling me to pull through this. He gives sufficient strength and mercy each day. I hope you too will find this strength to live as you go through your own share of difficulties in life. Maybe it is stress in preparing for the upcoming exams, family problems or financial difficulties. I can truly testify of the Lord Jesus being there for me each step of the way as I battled every struggle growing up as a teenager.    

When I feel sad now (yes I do have my sad moments), I will dwell on how God loves me and how He is there to protect me. 

"Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge." Psalm 91:3, 4

How wonderful to know that no matter what difficulties I am going through, I can take refuge under the shelter of His wings....and be covered by His love.... 

No comments: