Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Burdened beyond measure

What do you do when you feel burdened beyond measure? That was how I felt as I battled with severe symptoms of withdrawal. This is a poem I will love to share with you. It is beautiful written with inspiration from 2 Corinthians 1:8-11 where Apostle Paul spoke of his suffering and burden (he despaired even of life), yet his trust was in the Lord with complete assurance that God will deliver. 


"For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life. Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us, you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many."


This is my faith in God. When life throws me off and TSW sends my life tumbling out of balance, my faith and trust in the Lord enables to cope. I hope you too can find this same faith I have to enable you to cope with life's challenges. xoxo

No comments: